IRCTC is climbing new heights by using innovative technologies and services in order to provide a comfortable journey to all the passengers. IRCTC has many unique services for its users like well-crafted tourist packages and hassle-free air and railway ticket booking process.
Embracing new technology was a miraculous decision by IRCTC that has made the utilization of interface more customer friendly. The innovations in the website and applications have been another feather in the cap for IRCTC which has not only made ticket bookings easier but also sorted the prolonged procedure of ticket booking by reducing the number of steps.
IRCTC Rail Connect App permits the travellers to book tickets through official IRCTC application. It has made the utilization of the application effortless. People just need to Swipe, Shuffle, Select and Book their tickets. The introduction of IRCTC Rail Connect android app allows the new users to register and activate their accounts from App at their convenience. The App has been built with the latest features that include advanced security levels to make the payment procedures swift and stress-free through IRCTC e-wallet. Choose the boarding station and destination station as well as date of travel. Fill the required details like name, age, gender, seat preference and mobile number. Once you enter these details you will need to enter captcha code to proceed to the payment page.
There are several other features such as
- New Users, register and activate from App directly and are in sync with website.
- Advanced security features of self-assigned PIN to login without entering username and password on each login.
- Supports Ladies, Senior Citizen, Divyangjan, Tatkal & Premium-Tatkal quota booking.
- Current Reservation Facility
- Boarding Point Change facility
- IRCTC website’s tickets are now synchronized with IRCTC Rail Connect App.
- User can View, Cancel or File TDR on Mobile App for e-tickets booked through official website (www.irctc.co.in) and vice-versa.
- Can view the status of e-tickets booked through any platform including website and B2C platforms.
- Can move back and forth between pages until ticket is generated for updating preferences at any stage.
- Integrated with IRCTC e-Wallet for faster and hassle free payment.
- Hassle free cashless online transactions using UPI, BHIM, Wallets, Credit/Debit Cards and Net Banking facility.
- Easy refund tracking using mobile app.
- Check probability of confirmation for waiting list tickets before and after booking.
- Flexible with journey date option is available.
- Aadhaar Authentication can be done directly from mobile app to avail extended ticket booking limit for authenticated users.
- Booking tickets with Special ID Card based Concession for Journalist and Divyangjan passengers.
- Supports Screen Reader like Talk Back to assist Visually Impaired to book Rail e-tickets.
- Facility to add passengers from Master passenger list. Managing master passenger list with Aadhaar authenticate passengers is also possible.
- PNR Enquiry facility for all type of tickets.
Rail Connect App allows the travellers to book their tatkal e-tickets a day prior to the date of journey. The App also features additional amenities such as Meal reservation, and booking IRCTC Air & IRCTC Tourism tickets. If a user clicks on these services it directs them to the respective Official Apps on Google Play Store.