Literally meaning the ‘radiant sign of almighty’, Jyotirlingas represent different manifestations of Lord Shiva and are revered by Hindus all over the world. It is believed that originally there were 64 Jyotirlingas in India but of those, 12 are considered to be more prominent. Visiting the sanctum sanctorum where these Jyotirlingas are enshrined can be a powerful religious experience. An experience that can wade off sins and make the soul pure once again. IRCTC Tourism offers a range of Jyotirlinga yatra tour packages that are all-inclusive journeys designed to make this religious experience comfortable and memorable. Take a look at some of these tours.
- 7 Jyotirlinga Yatra: Travel to not 1 but 7 different Jyotirlinga Temples through a single 13 days and 12 nights tour by rail. Costing only Rs. 12,285/-* per person, this journey takes place on the comfortable ‘Bharat Darshan Special Tourist Train’ by IRCTC. To book the 7 Jyotirlinga Special Tour, click here.
Destinations covered: Mahakaleshwar, Omkareshwar, Statue of Unity, Somnath, Dwarkadhish, Nageshwar, Sabarmati Ashram, Bhimashankar, Parli Vaijnath, Grishneshwar, Triyambakeshwar.
Boarding/Deboarding stations: Delhi Safdarjung, Ghaziabad, Hapur, Moradabad, Bareilly, Shahjahanpur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Jhansi
- Ajanta Ellora with Jyotirlinga Tour: Looking for a short tour? This 2 days and 1 night trip of the world-famous Ajanta and Ellora Caves along with the holy Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga is just perfect. Starting at just Rs. 2,630/-* per person, this affordable Jyotirlinga yatra tour package can be booked for the entire family here.
Destinations Covered: Aurangabad City – Ajanta Caves – Ellora Caves
- Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga Ex Mumbai: Another short journey of 2 days and 1 night, this trip includes destinations like Bhimashankar Temple, Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary, Manmod Hills, and Hanuman Lake. As one of 12 revered Jyotirlinga shrines, the Bhimashankar Temple is flocked by devotees from all over the country. To book this budget-friendly Jyotirlinga yatra tour package, click
- Maha Shivratri Nava Jyotirlinga Yatra: Make Maha Shivratri 2021 one to remember and embark on a pilgrimage to India’s holiest Jyotirlinga Temples dedicated to Lord Shiva. This 13 days/12 nights budget-friendly package includes train journeys, night stays meals and beverages, non-AC road transfers, tour escorts, and even security on the train. Book this religious tour for Rs. 15,350 by clicking here.
Destinations covered: Mahakaleshwar – Omkareshwar – Somnath – Triambakeshwar – Bhimshankar – Grushneshwar – Ayundh Nagnath – Parli Vaijinath – Mallikarjuna Swamy.
Boarding Points: Tirunelveli, Virudunagar Jn., Madurai, Dindigul, Karur, Erode, Salem, Jolarpettai, Katpadi, Perambur, Nellore, Vijayawada, Warangal.
Deboarding Points: Renigunta, Arakkonam Jn., MGR Chennai Central, Katpadi, Jorpettai, Salem, Erode, Karur, Dindigul, Madurai, Virudunagar Jn., Tirunelveli.
- Hyderabad Mallikarjun Jyotirlinga Air Tour Package Ex Lucknow: If you love traveling comfortably, then this 5 days and 4 nights air tour to the ‘Pearl City’ of Hyderabad is made for you. Covering destinations like Golconda Fort, Mallikarjun Temple, Srisailam, Ramoji City, Birla Mandir, Salarjung Museum, Chowmahalla Palace, Charminar, NTR Garden, and Lumbini Park, it is the quintessential family holiday tour that you must book today. To book this package for Rs. 22,350/-* per person, click here.
Destinations Covered: Hyderabad and Mallikarjun Jyotirlinga.
Didn’t find a suitable Jyotirlinga yatra tour package in this list? Don’t worry. IRCTC Tourism offers several more Jyotirlinga special tours by rail & air such as Shirdi Jyotirlinga Darshan Yatra, Dwarkadhish Jyotirlinga Yatra, etc., making it the ultimate platform for booking train trip vacations, dharmik tour packages, and India tour packages from Delhi. Of course, IRCTC Tourism users can also opt for customized tour packages that include all the destinations of their choice. To get started, visit www.irctctourism.com.
Disclaimer: The journeys are planned well in advance. IRCTC reserves the right to make changes to the program if necessary at any point in time.