A gorgeous, remote land that has remained inaccessible to outsiders for the longest time, India’s North-Eastern region is blessed with scenic natural beauty, distinct historical culture and fascinating ethnic heritage. From the craggy mountains to the deep, mysterious forests, from the warm people to their fascinating culture, from the gently flowing rivers to the archaic monuments; it abounds with places to explore and marvel. In recent years, North-East India tourism has slowly but gradually been flourishing as more and more people embark on adventurous trips to uncover its myriad gems.
IRCTC Tourism has launched a special deluxe AC train under the initiative ‘Dekho Apna Desh’ that will take travellers on a scenic route across the spellbinding landscape of North-East India. Tourists on this journey will get a chance to explore sites that are away from the crowds and have remained untouched.
More About This Exciting Tour
Starting from 26th November 2021, this 15 days and 14 nights scenic trip will cover the best of North East by including both the popular as well as offbeat tourist destinations in India. Take a look.
States Covered: Assam-Arunachal Pradesh-Nagaland-Tripura-Meghalaya
Destinations & Site Visits:
- Kamakhya Temple, the seat of the Shakti cult
- Cruise Dinner on the mighty Brahmaputra River
- Train journey through the heart of Assam
- Kaziranga National Park – One horn rhinos, tigers & birdlife
- Assam Tea Estates
- Itanagar, the capital city of Arunachal Pradesh
- Tripura’s awesome Unakoti sculptures, Ujjayanta Palace and the beautiful Neermahal–the only lake palace in the Northeast, TripurSundari Shakti temple-Udaipur
- The land of Head Hunters – Nagaland
- Meghalaya – the abode of clouds, waterfalls, root bridge and caves
As the journey takes place on a luxurious AC deluxe train, you can visit these places without feeling any exertion. Keeping the comfort of the passengers in mind, all the provisions from meals to accommodation are already made by IRCTC. So, all you need to do is book this package and the adventure will begin shortly! Do keep in mind that only citizens who are fully vaccinated are eligible for this tour. Here is a list of everything the tour tariff includes.
- Train Journey by special tourist train in the respective class
- Onboard train meals: morning tea, breakfast, lunch, evening tea with snacks & dinner
- 6 Nights stay in the best quality available accommodation
- 1 night at Guwahati
- 1 night at Kaziranga
- 1 night at Kohima
- 1 night at Agartala
- 2 nights at Shillong
- 8 Nights stay in a tourist train
- Daily breakfasts, lunches & dinners
- All transfers and sightseeing in AC vehicles
- Brahmaputra river cruise
- Jeep safari at Kaziranga National Park
- Cultural dance shows at various places
- Travel insurance for all the passengers
- Services of a professional and friendly English speaking tour guide
- IRCTC Tour Managers who will travel throughout the tour for necessary assistance
- All applicable taxes
Wondering about how much this entire experience will cost you? Here are the tariff details.
Package Tariff*: Per person in INR
|Single||Twin||Triple||Child with Bed||Child without Bed|
Now that you have all the details about this adventurous North East India tour package, head to the IRCTC Tourism website or app and start booking. A memorable holiday awaits!