Rooted in ancient scriptures, the practice of undertaking a journey of spiritual significance or a pilgrimage is central to almost all the major religions in the world. Home to some of the most ancient civilizations in the world, India has several significant pilgrimage sites, places commemorated with holy shrines, rivers, temples deemed with miraculous capacities. Of these, a well-known Hindu pilgrimage circuit is the ‘Char Dham of Uttarakhand’ or Chota Char Dham Yatra, literally meaning the small four abodes of God in the Indian Himalayas. Part of Uttarkhand’s Garhwal region, this sacred circuit comprises four pilgrimage sites namely Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. These sites are not only blessed with spectacular natural beauty but it is also believed that traversing this divine circuit opens the gate to salvation and washes away the pilgrim’s sins. It is no wonder that so many devotees from all over the world book pilgrimage special tour packages and undertake the Himalayan Char Dham yatra seeking spiritual fulfillment.
The Char Dham will be open for tourists from 19th May 2021 and if you want to travel to these sacred places in utmost safety, then IRCTC Tourism offers several Himalayan Char Dham Yatra packages curated keeping the pilgrim’s experience in mind.
- Ek Dham Yatra Ex Delhi: Starting from Delhi, this journey takes pilgrims to Haridwar for an auspicious Ganga aarti at the ghats. The next stop is Badrinath, a holy town in Uttarakhand that constitutes one of the four major pilgrimage sites for Hindus. After darshan at Badrinath, the journey continues to Rudraprayag followed by Rishikesh before completing a full circle in Delhi.
Destination Covered: Shri Badrinath Ji
Tour Duration: 5 days and 4 nights
Book Here: https://www.irctctourism.com/tourpackageBooking?packageCode=NDH23
- Do Dham Yatra: Including the holiest of destinations like Haridwar, Guptkashi, Sonprayag, Joshimath, and Rishikesh, this tour offers an unforgettable experience. The highlight of this soul-stirring journey is the two dhams, Kedarnath and Badrinath that reverberate with the power of divinity and spiritual bliss.
Destinations Covered: Kedarnath and Badrinath
Tour Duration: 8 days and 7 nights
Book Here: https://www.irctctourism.com/tourpackageBooking?packageCode=NDH26
- Char Dham Yatra Ex Delhi: A round trip from Delhi, this once-in-a-lifetime journey brings together all the four major Hindu pilgrimage sites, the Himalayan Char Dham i.e. Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri, and Gangotri. Other holy places in the itinerary include Haridwar, Barkot, Janki Chatti, Uttarkashi, Guptkashi, Sitapur, Gaurikund, Rudraprayag, etc. Going on this devout journey filled with religious practices such as temple visits, holy dips, offering prayers, attending aartis can be a life-changing experience.
Destinations Covered: Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri, and Gangotri
Tour Duration: 12 days and 11 nights
Book Here: https://www.irctctourism.com/tourpackageBooking?packageCode=NDH24
Dharmik Tour Packages by IRCTC
Other religious tour packages such as Char Dham Yatra Ex Haridwar, Do Dham Yatra Ex Haridwar, Holy Ganga Darshan Tour, Holy Ganga Tirth Yatra, Rameshwaram Tour packages, etc. are also readily available on IRCTC Tourism. To ensure an authentic experience unencumbered by trivial details, every pilgrimage special tour package or dharmik tour package by IRCTC includes the following:
- Accommodation in good quality hotels
- AC road transfers
- Breakfast and dinner as per the itinerary
- Mineral water
- Travel insurance