IRCTC has been set up by the Ministry of Railways with the elemental purpose of providing dynamic tour packages which would be in association with the public and local tour promoters. Indian Railways span global volumes in hospitality and catering sectors with services provided to 13 million passengers every day.
The Devotional Tour Packages are specially designed for those who seek spiritual peace. The ultimate purpose of a spiritual journey is to experience bliss and to connect with the supreme power.
India is the birthplace of many religions such as –
- Buddhism and,
However, India’s take on religion is very practical and empirical which is why it is called a ‘Secular Country’. Religion in a secular country is a matter of personal choice and everyone is free to practice and learn from the teachings of other religions. This knowledge is imbibed in the Indian constitution and its culture is practiced everywhere.
Some Devotional Tour Packages include the following –
- Shri Ramayan Yatra – It covers destinations like Ganga Sagar, Puri, Varanasi, Allahabad, Chitrakoot, Nasik, Hampi, Rameshwaram, etc.
- Puri Ganga Sagar Yatra – It covers destinations like Ganga Sagarm, Puri, Varanasi, etc.
- Shirdi Jyotirlinga Yatra – This covers destinations like Ujjain, Dwarka, Somnath, Ahemdabad, Pune, Nasik, Shirdi, etc.
- Baidyanath Ganga Sagar Yatra – This covers destinations like Baidyanath, Ganga Sagar, Kolkata, Varanasi, Prayag, etc.
LTC Tour Packages for central government employees –
There is a massive demand for a cheap LTC Tour Package by government employees in various sectors. This is specially designed for employees working in government sectors for which they can claim full reimbursement provided they book the lowest fare. IRCTC Tourism provides its customers complete information with no hidden-charges to make sure that you make your journey as memorable as possible.
All the customers have to do is choose the best package as per their comfort from a wide variety of tours These LTC Tour Packages are pocket-friendly as they give the best accommodation in good hotel, healthy and hygienic food, comfortable means of transport, and an experience which will overwhelm you.
The Bharat Tirtha Darshan train is a special tourist train that is operated by Indian Railways. This features sleeper class carriages without air-conditioning, accommodating around 500 passengers in total. However, there is a pantry car for on-board catering.
Following are the tours and itineraries –
- Pongal Vacation Special ( 4 Nights/ 5 Days) – It covers the following destinations: Nanjangud, Melkote, Srirangampatinam, Talacauvery, Coorg, and Mysore. The cost is INR 5,635/ person.
- Dakshin Bharat yatra ( 11 Nights/ 12 Days) – It covers the following destinations: Rameshwaram, Madurai, Kovalam, Trivandrum, Kanyakumari, Tiruchirapalli, and Tirupati. The cost is INR 11,340/ person.
- Kumbh Special tourist Train ( 11 Nights/ 12 Days) – It covers the following destinations: Puri, Kolkata, Gangasagar, Gaya, Varanasi, and Allahabad. The cost is INR 11,340/ person in sleeper class and INR 13,860/ person in 3AC.
- Samanata Express ( 10 Nights/ 11 Days) – It covers the following destinations: Chaityabhoomi, Mhow, Bodhgaya, Sarnath, Lumbini, Kushinagar, and Deekshabhoomi. This tour runs in the memory of Doctor Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, and visits prominent places associated with his life and Lord Buddha. The cost is INR 10,395/ person in sleeper class and INR 12,705/ person in 3AC.
The focus of these tours is on visiting temples at each destination, which offer a rich pilgrimage experience to devotees who want to feel closer to their God.
You can find out more about the “Devotional Tour Packages” by visiting IRCTC’s rail tourism website www.irctctourism.com or at Indian Railways Tourist Facilitation Center at New Delhi Railway Station, Zonal Offices and Regional Offices.
Services provided by IRCTC Tourism other than Bharat Tirtha Darshan –
- Internet Rail Reservation – There has been a latent demand in the country for ticket availability at the door-step. IRCTC already has developed this facility in Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata and Mumbai. Very soon, this facility will spread to Hyderabad, Pune and Ahmedabad.
- Food Plazas – The Food Plazas have contemporary decor, air conditioned ambience and round the clock operations to suit passenger convenience with market driven competitive pricing.
- Call Center – Customer can dial 139 from anywhere in the country and can acquire all the information regarding Indian Railways.
- Rail Neer – Rail Neer is made using processes that guarantee safe drinking water that is crystal clear and has no level of contamination from pathogenic bacteria and viruses conforming to the Bureau of Indian Standards specifications.