In search of places to see in India during the winter season? Get spoiled for choice with these incredible India winter holiday destinations that come along with a promise of an experience we bet you’ve never had before!.
- Auli, Uttarakhand: India’s most loved skiing destination, Auli with its charming apple orchards, ancient oak, and deodar covered hilltops offers spellbinding views of the Garhwal Himalayan range. This winter, embark on a skiing expedition to its glittering slopes and breathe in the refreshingly pure air.
- Binsar, Uttarakhand: A trekker’s paradise, Binsar is a little town in Uttarakhand which is home to lush green meadows, oak-covered forests, ancient hilltop temples, and an equally fascinating wildlife sanctuary. A must-visit spot is Zero Point that provides a stunning 360-degree view of the magnificent Himalayan ranges along with some jaw-dropping sunset moments.
- Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh: Home to the Dalai Lama, the eclectic, lively & stunning little town of Dharamshala is the center of peace and meditation in the hills. Set on the foothills of Dhauladhar ranges, it is a repository of Tibetan culture and India’s very own ‘Little Lhasa’. Want to book a tranquil retreat to this pristine haven? Click here to know more about IRCTC Tourism’s all-inclusive awesome holiday packages to Dharamshala.
- Gulmarg, Jammu & Kashmir: Perched at an altitude of 2730 m above sea level, Gulmarg is the heart of winter sports in India. Surrounded by the lofty snow-covered Himalayas on all sides, its scenic beauty is unmatched. Apart from the natural bounty, Gulmarg features an array of exciting adventure sports activities like skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling among others, and is also home to the world’s second-highest Gondola ride. Excited already? Do check our ‘Discover Amazing Kashmir’ tour packages of IRCTC Tourism by clicking here.
- Kutch, Gujarat: Despite not being a destination for snow lovers, Kutch or the ‘White Desert of India’ has made it to our list. With the Rann Utsav festivities in full swing during the winter months (November to February), it makes for an exciting destination for families interested in getting a taste of Indian traditions, art, culture, heritage & food. It even puts on display events like golf cart, camel cart excursion, paramotoring, meditation, folk performances, yoga among others for people to have a gala time at the festival.
- Leh & Ladakh: Want to embark on the most adventurous trek of your life? Plan a trip to Leh-Ladakh in December and feel the adrenaline rush with thrilling activities like mountain biking, climbing, jeep tours, rafting, high-altitude trekking, and lots more. Explore this whitewashed land’s rugged scenery and also get a chance to participate in some fun-filled festivals like Stok Monastery Festival, Matho Monastery festival, and more.
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh: One of the most popular winter honeymoon destinations in India, Manali makes for an unforgettable road or rail trip. Its perpetual fairytale-like mist lingering in the air coupled with the pervasive scent of pines adds a distinct character to this picturesque snow-covered hill station. For the most awesome experience, check out IRCTC Tourism’s all-inclusive ‘Chandigarh-Shimla-Manali’ tour package here.
- Nainital, Uttarakhand: Situated at an altitude 6,837 ft above sea level, Nainital is a pretty little hill station that makes for a perfect weekend getaway from Delhi. Dotted with elegant colonial structures, it experiences pleasant weather throughout the year. Some fun activities offered by this delightful place include camping, boating, nature walks, etc. To book a wonderful sightseeing trip to Nainital, click here.
- Patnitop, Jammu & Kashmir: One of the best places to witness the grandeur of nature, Patnitop is a famous hill station in the Udhampur district of Jammu & Kashmir. It offers a range of activities for tourists like skiing, paragliding, sightseeing, and trekking.
- Shimla, Himachal Pradesh: Exuding the charm of its rich colonial past, Shimla enjoys immense popularity among tourists. While its pedestrian-friendly Mall Road and ridge is lined up with cute cafes and restaurants that can keep tourists occupied, snow-lovers can travel to the nearby towns of Kufri, Chail, etc. Take a look at our ‘Luxury Himalayan Galore’ tour package here.
Head to these magnificent places to visit in India for panoramic views and the pleasurable indulgence of sipping a cup of hot coffee in a snow-laden winter wonderland by booking a tour package with IRCTC Tourism. Book your next India tour with us to enjoy a relaxed stay and appreciate the best of the tourism industry in India. After all, there’s nothing quite like touring India with IRCTC Tourism!