IRCTC’s Splendor Himalaya Package is a one of a kind package which connects us to the Red River, Green Valleys and Blue Mountains of North-Eastern India.
The North-East happens to be the region where the sun rises first in the entire country. Its majestic mountains, crowned with peaks of sapphire blue are a heaven for tourists, beckoning one who needs to relax and unwind. IRCTC’s Splendor Himalaya Package is for those who yearn for adventure and excitement. There is a feeling of mystique and romance in exploring wildlife in its true forms and natural habitat. The joy of experiencing gushing streams and waterfalls picturesque mountain ranges – all fostered by Mother Nature is next to none. Nestled in the Eastern Himalayas, this region is abundant in natural Beauty, Wildlife, Flora & Fauna and its colourful people.
This package includes a number of tourist places in India. Some are as follows:
- Rumtek Monastery – It is one of the most significant and largest monasteries in Sikkim. Originally called the Dharma Chakra Centre, it includes a beautiful shrine temple and a monastery for monks. The shrine was established with a reason to spread the teachings of the Buddha throughout the world.
- Tsomgo Lake – It is a glacial lake in Sikkim and is known as the Changu Lake. The name Tsomgo means ‘Source of Water’. The Tsomgo Lake freezes completely during the winter season and is much revered by the locals.
East Godavari Splendor Tour is also another package of the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) which offers tours to tastefully selected destinations which includes:
- Riyali – It is the site of the renowned Jagan Mohini Kesava Swamy temple. The exquisite idol, made of black stone depicting Maha Vishnu and Mohini, is a real marvel of sculptural dexterity. One flower from the plait of Mohini fell down during quarrel over sharing of Holy Divine Nectar is named as Riyali – the Telugu meaning of which is “Fall”.
- Kadiam (The Land of Flowers) – It is a small village which has 630 flower nurseries exporting an amount of Rs. 150 crore worth of production every year to different parts of the country and giving direct and indirect employment to around 25,000 people.
- Pithapuram – It is the birthplace of Sripada Sri Vallabha, considered to be the first complete incarnation of Lord Dattatreya in Kaliyug. It is also known as Dakshina Kashi (or Kashi of South).
The “Splendor Himalaya Package” is a fine example of a perfect holiday one could expect away from the crowd straight into the Lap of Nature.